Washington University in St. Louis and the surrounding community have many resources for family care, professional development and conflict resolution.
The Greater Missouri Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC) has a free search engine for job seekers interested in finding employment at colleges, universities and research-based institutions in Missouri and Southern Illinois. If you are recruiting a faculty member who has a spouse or partner also working in higher education, visit HERC on the web for more information.
- Office of the Ombuds – Assistance in the informal resolution of campus related conflicts.
- 2020 Women in the Workplace Scorecard (Greater St. Louis Women’s Foundation)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- American Women in Science (AWIS)
- Academic Women’s Network at Washington University School of Medicine (AWN)
- Modern Language Association Report – Standing Still: The Associate Professor Survey – Report of the Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession (pdf)
- National Academies Free Executive Summary – Gender Differences at Critical Transitions in the Careers of Science, Engineering and Mathematics Faculty (pdf)
- Academe Online – So Few Women Leaders – It’s No Longer a Pipeline Problem, So What are the Root Causes? (pdf)
Washington University in St. Louis has implemented policies relevant to women faculty on the Danforth Campus regarding issues of equity, safety, and family care.
- Washington University’s Policies and Reports
- Policy on Academic Freedom, Responsibility, and Tenure
- Policy on Sexual Harassment
- Arts and Sciences Policy on Full-Time Teaching Faculty
- Washington University Parental Leave Policy for Full-Time Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty Members
- Washington University Hilltop Campus Family and Medical Leave Policy
- Salary Equity Report of the Senate Council
- EEOC “Federal Laws Prohibiting Job Discrimination”
The Association of Women Faculty supports programming that promotes diversity on the Danforth Campus at Washington University in St. Louis.
- “Promoting Diversity at Washington University” – Ed Macias, March 1, 2010 (pdf)
- Letter from AWF President Rebecca Messbarger, Jan. 2009
- Rachel Croson’s Powerpoint Presentation on “The Status of Women in Academia” (pdf)
- “Town Hall Meeting on Diversity” Event Program (pdf)
- President Messbarger’s Opening Remarks from the “Town Hall Meeting on Diversity” (pdf)
- Advisory Committee on Women Faculty’s Report: January 2009 (pdf)
- Flyer for Patricia Jones’ March 30, 2009 Presentation (pdf)
- Abstract for Patricia Jones’ March 30, 2009 Presentation on “Building Excellence Through Diversity: Institutional Implementation (pdf)
- AWF and AWN Joint Letter: November 3, 2008 (pdf)
- AWF and AWN Joint Memo: December 16, 2008 (pdf)
- Potential Critical Goals for a Washington University Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity Based on Harvard Diversity Progress Report for 2008 (pdf)
- “Transforming Search and Recruitment Behavior to Achieve Faculty Diversity” Poster from AWN (pdf)