Washington University in St. Louis and the surrounding community have many resources for family care, professional development and conflict resolution.
The St. Louis Regional Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (STLR HERC) has a free search engine for job seekers interested in finding employment at colleges, universities and research-based institutions in Missouri and Southern Illinois. If you are recruiting a faculty member who has a spouse or partner also working in higher education, visit STLR HERC on the web for more information.
- Washington University Family Learning Center (Daycare)
- Dependant Care on Campus
- Family Care – Human Resources
- Office of the Ombuds – Assistance in the informal resolution of campus related conflicts.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- American Women in Science (AWIS)
- Academic Women’s Network at Washington University School of Medicine (AWN)
- Modern Language Association Report – Standing Still: The Associate Professor Survey – Report of the Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession
- National Academies Free Executive Summary – Gender Differences at Critical Transitions in the Careers of Science, Engineering and Mathematics Faculty
- Academe Online – So Few Women Leaders – It’s No Longer a Pipeline Problem, So What are the Root Causes?