Washington University in St. Louis and the surrounding community have many resources for family care, professional development and conflict resolution.
The Greater Missouri Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC) has a free search engine for job seekers interested in finding employment at colleges, universities and research-based institutions in Missouri and Southern Illinois. If you are recruiting a faculty member who has a spouse or partner also working in higher education, visit HERC on the web for more information.
- Office of the Ombuds – Assistance in the informal resolution of campus related conflicts.
- 2020 Women in the Workplace Scorecard (Greater St. Louis Women’s Foundation)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- American Women in Science (AWIS)
- Academic Women’s Network at Washington University School of Medicine (AWN)
- Modern Language Association Report – Standing Still: The Associate Professor Survey – Report of the Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession (pdf)
- National Academies Free Executive Summary – Gender Differences at Critical Transitions in the Careers of Science, Engineering and Mathematics Faculty (pdf)
- Academe Online – So Few Women Leaders – It’s No Longer a Pipeline Problem, So What are the Root Causes? (pdf)